Sunday, April 24, 2011

Get a refurbished iPad Wi-Fi + 3G for $329

t was just a couple weeks ago that I told you about a refurbished 16GB iPad Wi-Fi for $349, and now AT&T is offering something even better: a refurbished 16GB iPad Wi-Fi + 3G for $329 shipped. 3G!

Don't think 16GB will do? The refurbished 32GB iPad Wi-Fi + 3G is $429 shipped. (For what it's worth, I've been able to get by just fine with 16GB--but I don't stuff my iPad with a ton of music and video.) Curiously, the 64GB model is also showing a price tag of $429, which is particularly awesome, but it's currently out of stock.


Great as these prices are, there are a few things to consider. First, these are online-only deals, so you can't just walk into an AT&T store--not a big deal for most folks. Also, you'll probably be on the hook for sales tax, same as if you were buying from Apple.

But the real downside here is AT&T's warranty: 90 days, versus the one year you get on refurbished gear from Apple. Of course, Apple charges $479 and $559 for the 16GB and 32GB iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, respectively, so you're saving a considerable chunk of change by accepting a shorter warranty.

My thought? Totally worth it.

By the way, I should mention that because these are 3G models, you'll need to sign up for a monthly service plan. They start at a fairly reasonably $14.99, and you can cancel (and restart) whenever you want; there's no long-term contract. (Let's hear it for some rare carrier sanity!)

As I mentioned previously, I use my iPad for a wide variety of tasks, including solving the "hidden" crossword puzzles in the USA Today app, sharing e-books with my kids, playing awesome games like Back to the Future and World of Goo, attending remote meetings, and even doing a little instructor-guided yoga in the privacy of my own home.

Although I don't travel enough to make having 3G a priority, I definitely wouldn't turn it down--not at this price. If you feel the same, act fast: I suspect AT&T will sell out of these in a hurry.

Bonus deal: And what's an iPad without apps? Today only, in honor of Earth Day, you can get the Locavore app for free. Normally $2.99, it helps you find in-season, locally grown food as well as nearby farmers' markets.

Bonus deal No. 2: Speaking of Earth Day, check my blog for five cheap ways to go green for Earth Day (or any day). This is the only planet we've got, folks--let's refurbish it while we still can.


0 Responses to “Get a refurbished iPad Wi-Fi + 3G for $329”

Post a Comment

All Rights Reserved all about TECH | Search by Blogger
Latest Tech News